Monday 9 January 2012

Day 1 (apparently the biggest hurdle *bullshit)

So today was the official start of the 266 day journey to Marathon.
gotta admitt, even at day 1, i was lying in bed, last day off before i start back work, crap weather........it took a lot to get me out of bed and to the park, but i did it :D
all the way round the park. covered 3.5k in 35 mins. i'm pretty happy with that for day one. hoped to get all the way round with out stopping but started to feel a little bit of straining in my ankle. obviously, this is the first i've ran in a year since my accident so i'm really cautious about my ankle, wasn't sure wither to push through pain or ease off and walk it off, i decided to walk it off by runing 10 mins, then walkin two, then running 10 mins again, continued this till end of run. I've asked the runnersworld forum wither this is a good idea or wither its safe to push through the pain, look forward to see some other opinions later.
its so funny how your mood automatically changes the minute you start running again. took me a while to get out of bed and to the park, but once i was there i couldn't have felt better and felt really positive-running tights were on, the old faithful running trainers were ready for it, tunes wer pumpin', i was set.
Though positive encouragement and motivation is really important to me, i love to do things to prove people wrong. i've told a few friends that I'm gonna do this and a couple of them think its hillarious and that i'll have given up by february, though I know their only having a laugh, part of me really wants to do it just to say "I told you so!". This is what helps me push on if i'm feeling really tired, though the real motivation is from myself, to prove to myself i can do it, to prove to myself i can complete something i set out to do, to prove that there is life after injury and to prove i can get fit and hopefully finally gain a body and a confidence that i can be proud of!! this is my runnin mantra for now!!!!
so......Day 1 :- 3.5km/2.17miles, 4142 steps, 165 cal.

1 down .....265 to go!!!!

3 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about keeping going when you're not sure if it'll do you good or harm. I went to see my doctor about a wonky knee, and he told me to "really go for it", in sharp contrast to the podiatrist who wanted to sort me out with some insoles to fix me. I was a bit unsure, but figured I'd give it a go.

    Turns out the doc was right, ran through it and all is good...

    Keep up the good work, the running and the blogging! Always good to hear what other folk are up to - an extra bit of motivation, I reckon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I've just found you in the runnersworld forum! Im a fellow blogger and newbie runner. You sound like your doing well and I really hope you make your goals.

    Im literally just starting out, not even got the new trainers in the house yet... Must wait for payday :/

    Then again that gives me time to invest in a proper sports bra... any suggestions?

    Any way looking forward to seeing/reading about your progress, I hope it will give you the motivation you need! It's certianly motivated me to get up again in the morning and get on with it!

    reneeslookingglass.blogspot.com

    look for the roadrunner page :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw thanks, actually already just checked your blog out, need to get out a first run and tell us how it goes :D as for sports bras....i've been recommended Shockabsorber (hillarious name i know) ...if you have a look at the links to some online stores on the right hand side of the homepage on RW, you'll find a lot are having sales at the mo, and a lot are selling shockabsorber bras for around 20-25 quid. someone also recommended buying a cup size down from what you actually wear. i literally just go by everyone elses advice.....they could tell me to make a bra from paper cups and string and i'd do it lol. anyway, good luck with your journey :D keep in touch

      Delete