Friday 6 January 2012

Getting Ready to Start (Its an effort in itself)

Hi.
So today is my very first blog entry. I've decided to keep a blog because I'm aiming to run a Marathon on the 30th of September and reckon this will be a good way to keep me motivated.

Why have I decided to run a Marathon? Good Question - couple of reasons:
Firstly, I Had a bad fall this time last year where I broke a couple of bones in my ankle, It was a long and tough road to recovery with operations and screws and plates and two beautifully attractive scars, but the last thing the Asshole-McChip-on-his-shoulder Surgeon said to me at my last medical assessment was "Basically you'll be able to run a marathon on this ankle eventually" immediately follwed by "though it is amost certain that athritis will set in early" - Cheers buddy!!!!
So I've decided to take cheery chops at his word, and attempt to run a marathon on this ankle - before athritis sets in of course.
Secondly, I rarely ever complete things in which I set out to do, everyone I know will back me up on this one, but I'm fed up of it, now this time, I reckoned, if i tell the world bout this idea of mine, it will be far more humiliating to pull out of.
Finally, sad as it may sound, I don't personally feel I've done anything in my life in which I can be truely proud of. sure people say "aw but you completed college bla bla bla" yeah thats great, but people do that every year and its a pretty normal thing.......marathon on the other hand, not everyone can say they've done a marathon, and if i can prove to myself that i can be strict enough to do this, it'll definately be the proudest moment of my life so far :)

Training officially starts on Sunday. I have a 9 month schedue on my wall by my bed so that its the first thing looking back at me when i wake up in the morning. it's my birhday at the end of the month and everyone has been instructed to only provide running gear in my presents. the stuff i have just now has seen better days.

SO>>> Pretty excited tbh, been running round the local park most days this week, just trying to get a feel for running again and get the ankle moving for Sunday!!! let's see how long this excitement keeps up lol.

Follow my progress with me a feel free to comment or give any advice, all much appreciated.....unless its rude or abbusive in which case i'm sure it'll give me a laugh :D

Wish me Luck

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with your journey. Don't forget to get some good shoes. sweatshop are great because they have decently priced shoes sometimes the slightly older model of a shoe but just as importantly have a 30 day exchange policy so if the shoes don't work out, you can swap them for some others. Highly recommended.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks so much :D i definately will look on there, i reckon i'll go through a couple of pairs of shoes so be good to get discounted ones :D

    ReplyDelete